A sling and more!

Disabled people have special needs, and we at Firefly World, address the needs of wheelchair users, as well as the deaf, vision and speech impaired. Use this forum to discuss not only the range of special equipment and aids that Enable Travel offers to help you overcome barriers to travel, but also to talk about and share insights on the latest equipment and services you may come across.

posted by shamanoorani Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:35 pm
A sling and more!

If you are lucky enough to source a transfer sling, don't let it go out of your sight when you travel!
I make certain that I place it over the seat of my power chair before I leave for the airport, this ensures that I don't forget it! :-)
I used to dread flying out of any Indian airport because I had to be loaded and offloaded 4 times before I actually boarded the aircraft. As I like to take my chair right up to the aircraft door, I have to get the chair signed off as secure after it is x rayed. I used to have to deal with the pain of being wrongly carried many times if the loader wasn't trained, (this is something I have experienced even in the U.K. believe it or not).
But ever since I got a transfer sling made I have no apprehension or fears, as I know that all I need is 3 strong men to lift me on and off, without dislodging me :P
I have also used my transfer sling to get off low beds and most recently to enter a houseboat! All in all a sling and more!

The First one on the top left hand is somewhat like mine. https://www.google.co.in/search?q=transfer+sling&dcr=0&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=UpebbXwPAc21OM%253A%252CYeCwfzHHD7Tu7M%252C_&usg=__zGaSr3ead42fiNxyRHBBCpJJVgw%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjv6crFu8vYAhVJvY8KHQ2kCiQQ9QEIODAC#imgrc=UpebbXwPAc21OM:

Last reply was Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:35 pm Disability Aids & Devices India